Buffalo Museum of Science
The Buffalo Museum of Science is located at Martin Luther King Jr. Park in Buffalo, New York, is part of Blue Star Museums, a national appreciation program to thank our military families for their service and share with them America’s cultural treasures.
In 1836, the Young Men’s Association (YMA) was founded in the City of Buffalo. As the center for organized cultural activities in the city, the YMA’s committees dealt with the public library, science, literature and art. In most small towns, the public library is the recipient of all manner of curiosities and interesting objects; consequently, the YMA became the proud owner of numerous specimens, minerals, fossils, shells, insects, pressed plants, sea weeds and various paintings and articles of historic value.
The acquisition of these specimens called for a cabinet for their display – thus began the collection that would lead to the Buffalo Museum of Science we have today.
- Monday to Sunday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Walk-up only; not available for online reservations
- Adults: $16
- Seniors 62+: $13
- Students & Military with ID: $13
- Children 2-17: $13
- Museum Members: FREE
Blue Star Museums Program
- The Buffalo Museum of Science is proud to be part of Blue Star Museums, a national appreciation program to thank our military families for their service and share with them America’s cultural treasures.
- The 2022 program is available May 21-September 5.
- Free general Museum admission is available for those currently serving in the United States Military—Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, and Space Force, members of the Reserves, National Guard, U.S. Public Health Commissioned Corps, NOAA Commissioned Corps, and up to five family members.
- The BMS is happy to offer Blue Star Families the opportunity to apply their general admission discount to tickets for Antarctic Dinosaurs: The Exhibition (a savings of $13-16 per ticket) when purchased on site at the Museum.
- To receive this special offer, qualified members must show a Geneva Convention common access card (CAC), DD Form 1173 ID card (dependent ID), DD Form 1173-1 ID card or the Next Generation Uniformed Services (Real) ID card at the admissions desk.
1020 Humboldt Parkway
Buffalo, New York 14211
Phone: (716) 896-5200
Toll Free: (866) 291-6660
Fax: (716) 897-6723